Effective Date: 12/11/2020
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1.1. Personal information you provide to us.
Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact details, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, residence, postal code, and phone number.
- Business data, such as the company you work for, company description and job title.
- Communications that we exchange, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Payment and transactional data, such as the information needed to complete your orders and registrations on or through the Service (including name, credit card information, bank account number, billing and shipping information), and information about services you have purchased from us.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our products, services, activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
1.2. Personal information from other sources.
We may obtain personal information about you from other sources, such as:
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors.
- Public sources, such as social media platforms.
- Business partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors.
1.3. Personal information from third party platforms.
If you connect or otherwise sign into the Service through a social media or other third party platform, such as Google, we may collect information from that platform. You may also have the opportunity to provide us with additional information via the third-party platform, such as a list of your friends or connections and your email address. You can read more about your choices in connection with linked third party platforms in the “Your Choices” section, below.
1.4. Personal information collected automatically.
We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on our Service and other sites and online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, the website you visited before browsing to our website, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
1.5. Cookies and similar technologies.
Like many online services, we use the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Flash cookies, or locally-stored objects, which are used on websites for purposes similar to cookies but allow storage of a larger amount of data.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are typically used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked, typically to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of marketing campaigns.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1. To provide our products and services.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
- provide you with the content, features, products and services that you request;
- establish and maintain your account on the Service;
- process your transactions;
- communicate with you about the Service (including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages);
- display your content or share your information with other companies or users;
- understand your interests, personalize your experience on the Service, and deliver information about products and services relevant to your interests;
- respond to your inquiries and requests for customer support, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
2.2. For research and development.
We use personal information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users to make our Service and other offerings better and develop new features and functionality.
2.3. To create anonymous data.
We may create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including without limitation to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
2.4. For marketing and advertising.
We, our business partners and our third party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for direct marketing and interest-based advertising purposes.
- Direct marketing. We may send you Company-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the “Optout of marketing communications” section below.
2.5. Compliance and protection.
We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
2.6. With your consent.
In some cases, we may specifically ask you for your consent to collect, use, or share your personal information, such as when required.
3. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1. Related companies.
3.2. Business transferees.
If we sell all or part of its business or make a sale or transfer of assets or are otherwise involved in a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Company or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction, including at the negotiation stage.
3.3. Authorities and others.
Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate to comply with law or for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
3.4. Service providers.
Companies and individuals that perform services on our behalf that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business. Among other things service providers may help us perform website hosting, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, billing, payment processing, fraud protection, or marketing.
3.5. Advertising partners.
Third party advertising companies that collect information about your activity on the Service and other online services to help us advertise our services, and/or use hashed customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads to them and similar users on their platforms.
3.6. Business partners.
Our business partners, such as those that have joined our programs, participate in our events, or jointly offer content, promotions and other service offerings with us.
3.7. Third Party Platforms.
3.8. Other Users and the Public.
The Service may provide you with the opportunity to post or make available content, messages, and other information to other users of the Service or the public. For example, you may be able to post your content in a public forum on the Service or participate in a message board. We do not control how other users or third parties use any personal information that you make available to them. Please be aware that any information you post publicly can be cached, copied, screen captured or stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines) before you have a chance to edit or remove it.
3.9. Professional Advisors.
We may disclose your personal information to our professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
4. YOUR CHOICES
You can make the following choices with respect to your personal information.
4.1. Access or update your personal information.
If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain account information by logging into your account.
4.2. Opt-out of marketing communications.
You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at email@example.com. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails. If you receive marketing text messages from us, you may opt out of receiving further marketing text messages from us by replying STOP to our marketing message.
Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Service and our Site may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand user activity and patterns on the Site. You can learn more about Google Analytics cookies by clicking here and about how Google protects your data by clicking here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site by downloading and installing a browser plugin available here.
4.4. Advertising choices.
Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and are subject to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising published by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You can obtain more information about these companies’ information collection practices, and opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising from participating NAI and DAA members at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and/or the DAA’s website at optout.aboutads.info. You can also limit collection of your information for interest-based ads by blocking third party cookies in your browser settings or using privacy plug-ins or ad blocking software that help you block third party cookies. In addition, your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for targeted online advertising purposes. If you optout of interest-based advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you.
Some of the third party advertising companies we work with offer their own opt-out options that you can use to limit their use of your information for interest-based advertising, including as Google (opt-out) and Facebook (info and opt-out). Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own optout mechanisms or do not participate in the opt-out mechanisms described above. Even after using these opt-out mechanisms, you may receive interest-based advertising from other companies.
4.5. Do Not Track.
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit https://www.allaboutdnt.com.
4.6. Declining to provide information.
We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those services.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from the risks presented by unauthorized access or acquisition, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
6. OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
The Service may contain links to other websites and online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and online services you use.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Company is based in the United States of America. If you are from a country outside of the United States of America with laws governing data collection, use, and disclosure that may differ from U.S. law and you provide personal information to us, please note that any personal information that you provide to us may be transferred to the United States of America. By providing your personal information, where applicable law permits, you hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein or in any applicable terms of service.
8. CONTACTING US
Please direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to us via postal mail at: 7385 Greendale Rd. Unit #105, Windsor, CO 80550.
9. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with Company are entitled to ask us once a year for information regarding the personal information we have shared, if any, with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to submit such a request, please submit your request in writing to the address listed in the section titled “CONTACTING US” above and include the words “Shine the Light” in your correspondence. The request must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code and an attestation that you are a California resident. We are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.